You need to be a student to view this content. Please login or become a student! :)

Notify of
39 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
OliVoc
OliVoc
April 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi I am Oliver i have a question. What I should imagine under the word string

EthVol
EthVol
April 14, 2020 11:05 pm

I have been able to follow along very easily just I can’t take shortcuts. Usually, for him, he just can type start then press TAB and it will set up the “public void Start” function, but I actually have to type it all out, I don’t get the shortcuts.

Andre K
Admin
Andre K
May 20, 2020 10:18 pm
Reply to  EthVol

Hi there,

Great observation. What you are seeing is actually just part of visual studio by default. It’s called intellisense

Standard information here:
Mac information here:
Also, visual code if anyone uses it.

Brad Whitaker
Brad Whitaker
April 1, 2020 7:17 am

From the beginning of these tutorials, I’ve had to use Visual Studio 2019 instead of MonoDevelop do to it not being installed with Unity. I’ve begun to run into issues while following along. For example, in the “Variable Type” tutorial when attempting to enter values in the float and bool lines the terms “playerSpeed” and “isDead” are not recognized and I’m at a loss. If there’s something I missed in installing Unity as far as having access to MonoDevelop, please let me know. I would appreciate it greatly :)

Andre K
Admin
Andre K
April 13, 2020 7:47 pm
Reply to  Brad Whitaker

Hi Brad,

We have fully updated this course for 2019. Please check back and see if you can follow along without errors now.

SamuelEngl
SamuelEngl
March 31, 2020 2:55 pm

Good review of C# foundations. A brand new developer would definitely need some supplemental material (and practice), but I don’t believe that’s the purpose of this module. What WAS nice was the first couple videos of just getting the dev layout in Unity set up and working between Unity and the IDE. I’ve used other Unity materials but they always seem to skip that simple step. Also really appreciate the little tricks (hot keys, alt+left click in IDE). Only one annoying thing. Sometimes when the video loads, I can’t expand the video to full screen. I’d just have to refresh… Read more »

Davan Ward
Davan Ward
February 7, 2019 3:05 pm

Great videos. This helped my understanding of C# a tenfold.

NoahFess
NoahFess
September 11, 2018 1:37 am

For some reason, despite copying the code, I can’t see it in the console when choose play. Any solutions?

ManagoBro
ManagoBro
August 5, 2018 9:52 pm

Wait it was because my class was named debug

ManagoBro
ManagoBro
August 5, 2018 9:51 pm

Nevermind I put private void

ManagoBro
ManagoBro
August 5, 2018 9:50 pm

Should I use print because in my text editor it says “Debug does not contain a definition for Log”

FinlayMill
FinlayMill
October 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Ive followed the exact instructions, but I get error cs0176 saying i need and instance reference and to qualify with a type name???

JimmyGome
JimmyGome
August 31, 2017 5:19 pm

so am on the variables bit and after typing the debug log in monodevelop as it shows at 12 minutes 35 seconds in to the video nothing happens in unity’s console after press play . i will paste what i have put in monodevelop here if any can see if i did some thing wrong it would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this. monodevelop script: using UnityEngine; using System.Collections; public class Example_2_Variables : MonoBehaviour { public string playerName = “sanusoke”; public int playerHealth = 100; public float playerSpeed = 5.0f; public bool isDead… Read more »

SramanBisw
SramanBisw
October 21, 2018 1:18 pm
Reply to  JimmyGome

Sorry for my late answer, but I see you have used void Strat instead of Start

BraedenMath
BraedenMath
July 29, 2017 10:30 pm

very long and confusing

JimmyGome
JimmyGome
August 31, 2017 5:46 pm
Reply to  BraedenMath

what bit did you find confusing?

BraedenMath
BraedenMath
July 28, 2017 12:06 am

i cant make a new file on the higharcy with the new version of unity i am using.

Ethan Rosemann
Ethan Rosemann
October 26, 2017 7:09 pm
Reply to  BraedenMath

It is not the higharcy it is in the project tab.

MaximMale
MaximMale
July 26, 2017 10:32 pm

I have an error saying:Assets/C# examples/Script/Example_#1.cs(5,22): error CS1040: Preprocessor directives must appear as the first non-whitespace character on a line how do I fix it?

Sylviane Caffarel
Sylviane Caffarel
July 14, 2017 12:41 pm

I must say I was feeling comfortable after the 2nd time watching him create a new scene, save it, new script, rename, new game object… I really didn’t need to see it 12 times! I don’t understand why in a video you can edit you chose to leave a minute and a half of useless content at the start…

Troy Martin
Troy Martin
July 5, 2017 1:16 pm

Great stuff. Coming over from using GameMaker Studio for the last year or so, this is something amazing to me as it opens up multiple new doors.

Good riddance to being limited by an engine! o/

Mahatma Kollu
Mahatma Kollu
April 23, 2017 5:56 pm

hi

Matthew Dewd
Matthew Dewd
April 22, 2017 6:23 am

Question: Why audio doesn’t play?

StuartHen
StuartHen
November 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Really enjoying this series! :D

Oscar Tor
Oscar Tor
October 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Great tutorials hard to find good C# tutorials geared towards learning the language and applying it to the game engine.

Matthew Sabatini