You need to be a student to view this content. Please login or become a student! :)

Notify of
39 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Sidh Hemrajani
Sidh Hemrajani
June 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi,
When I was trying to select everything for the game kit, nothing was getting selected. Even when I was selecting one at a time, they were not getting selected. Can I please get help?

EmiHad
EmiHad
May 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Should I be worried about this?

KevEsq
KevEsq
May 21, 2020 11:05 pm

no me funciono el door opening y segui todos los pasos que puede ser el problema ?> la puerta no se baja cuando estripo el pressurepad

KevEsq
KevEsq
May 8, 2020 1:01 am

I am having problems every time I log in

May 1, 2020 5:57 pm

Lesson 31 – Boss Trigger Amination Script 1

The code that was used in the video said to type out the following: “Debug.Log ( “Player entered.” );”

After saving and running the code I got the following message when returning to Unity:

Assets\2DGameKit\Scripts\DoorClose.cs(12,9):error CS0104: ‘Debug’ is an ambiguous reference between ‘System.Diagnostics.Debug’ and ‘UnityEngine.Debug’

Any help fixing the issue would be appreciated!

Admin
May 1, 2020 6:25 pm
Reply to  BriDar

Hi there,

This NameSpace “System.Diagnostics.Debug” should not be used in these scripts. Please remove that NameSpace from the top of your script and make sure you only use the same ones as shown in the course. Then you should no longer get the ambiguous reference.

A NameSpace is any reference after the word “using”

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

May 1, 2020 9:40 pm
Reply to  Andre K

Here is the code that I have and the result. I might be missing something but it looked like it did in the video to me. Then again I’m a noob so what do I know. Please let me know where I went wrong…

Admin
May 2, 2020 12:43 am
Reply to  BriDar

The first thing to check on is to remove the NameSpace “System.Diagnostics”

May 2, 2020 3:43 pm
Reply to  Andre K

Awesome that fixed the problem. Thank you very much! Appreciate the help!

May 1, 2020 10:14 pm
Reply to  Andre K

Here is the code I have is Visual Studios and the results after I save and go back to Unity. I may be missing something but take a look and tell me what I have wrong…

May 1, 2020 10:30 pm
Reply to  Andre K

I tried to post screenshots of my code and its result but it keeps getting taken down for some reason. My code looks the same as what you have above. So the problem still exist.

May 1, 2020 4:19 pm

I might be getting ahead of myself but I tried to add a spitter as “boss” to my level. I went ahead had raised his health level up so it takes more hits to kill it. The issue I am having is that when I finally make it to the “boss” and get in range it starts firing its acid at me but once I hit it using either the gun blast or the sword swing it completely stops attacking me. How do I get it to continue attacking even after being hit the first time or even after multiple… Read more »

KevEsq
KevEsq
April 30, 2020 2:20 am

how i put the full sreen? beacuse not function when i click it :l

Joshua Brown
Joshua Brown
April 28, 2020 1:10 am

So I’ve gotten 12 lessons in, but now when I open up my project it gives me this error before everything drops through the world:

Unable to parse file Assets/Level1.unity: [Parser failure at line 8828: Expect ‘:’ between key and value within mapping]

I’m trying to reimport the assets right now, but if that doesn’t work, what can be done?

MarKer
MarKer
April 26, 2020 11:33 am

Hi

I have an issue with DoorClose script, i follow every step but still getting an error and the first difference which i see between me and video is that when i create new script in scripts folder and open it in visual i see that MonoBehaviour is not colored blue

Michelle Azevedo
Michelle Azevedo
April 25, 2020 8:17 am

Hi guys! As soon as I hit play (I haven’t changed any presets, this is just the default Level 1) I just get this unplayable bare bones figure and the whole scene freezes. Isn’t playable at all. I’m on a Mac, so I figure that may have something to do with it. But Unity works fine on this and everything else is the same. Help!

Fernando de Sá
Fernando de Sá
April 21, 2020 10:56 pm

apparently my desktop cant open up the script manager, what can i do ?

Admin
April 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi Fernando,

To open a script you need to have an IDE installed that can open and read the file. :)
We will add the how-to video on this course from our c# course,
but for now, if you hop over to the intro to c# course you should be able to follow along and get the IDE, Visual Studio installed and linked to your Unity project so that the next time you click a script it is all connected and the application will open up to your script.

Jelle Tinga
Jelle Tinga
April 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi,
When I set up the acid’s damager script (chapter 27), it keeps reverting the size to the default values. How do I prevent it from reverting? Thanks!

Jelle Tinga
Jelle Tinga
April 22, 2020 8:54 pm
Reply to  Jelle Tinga

Nevermind, after multiple times of removing and adding the prefab again, it seems to work.

Fernando de Sá
Fernando de Sá
April 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Hello guys! well i just got started and made the steps correctly but when press play on the first scene created my character does not appear on the game mode, also for the tiles pallete doesnt show up in the window option,possibly the package was bad installed ?

PauCon
PauCon
April 19, 2020 5:29 am

I have the same issue. the error I’m getting from the console is
Parameter ‘Hash -1148172834’ does not exist.
UnityEngine.Animator:SetFloat(Int32, Single)
Gamekit2D.PlayerCharacter:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/2DGamekit/Scripts/Character/MonoBehaviours/PlayerCharacter.cs:206)

there are about 999+ errors that are all very similar to this.

Fernando de Sá
Fernando de Sá
April 20, 2020 9:15 pm
Reply to  PauCon

Hey! So i fixed by simply downloading from the asset store inside Unity, before i downloaded the pack from the link above here, try to do that,now works perfectly here

Admin
April 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Hello everyone,

The .unitypackage made available in the course download here is of our final project after you have gone though all of the lessons and is only to be used as reference if needed but you should always follow the instructions in the course to download the 2D Game Kit directly from the Unity Asset Store and follow along in order.

Thank you Fernando for letting others know how you solved your problem.

EgeUlk
EgeUlk
April 16, 2020 11:04 am

how can ı fix this

Sergio Cazares
Sergio Cazares
April 14, 2020 6:14 pm

For Chapter 16: Layout Flat Level Map for Reference… what program do I use to set up the level map? Thanks.

Admin
April 24, 2020 5:59 pm
Reply to  Sergio Cazares

Hi Sergio,

The very first thing you see in the lesson is that we explain we use PhotoShop to create our flat level map but you can use any program that has layering and we provide the assets in the download package at the top of this course page.

EgeUlk
EgeUlk
April 13, 2020 5:35 pm

when ı import scene file is empty

Admin
April 13, 2020 6:48 pm
Reply to  EgeUlk

Hello,

Please provide a bit more detail and a screenshot of your issue so that we can help you with this. What scene are you trying to import?
The only files that we have provided are the jpg and psd file for references and the final finish Unity project for reference if needed.

NARAYANIN Stephane
NARAYANIN Stephane
April 13, 2020 9:00 am

Hi,

I’ve put a moving plateform in my scene but it remains static but when the character touchs it she moves. I’ve deleted the object and create an another one but the problem still remains, can you help me ?

Admin
April 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi Stephane,

For better assistance it would help if you provided a screenshot so that we can see the settings you have on your platform. :)

NARAYANIN Stephane
NARAYANIN Stephane
April 14, 2020 1:15 pm
Reply to  Andre K

Ok, here’s a screenshot

BreBab
BreBab
April 6, 2020 10:43 pm

Edit: The version of Unity is new as of 4/6/2020.

BreBab
BreBab
April 6, 2020 10:42 pm

Getting the following error when I add the C# Script: Assets\2DGamekit\Scripts\Door Close.cs(11,15): error CS0117: ‘Debug’ does not contain a definition for ‘log’

I have the latest version of Unity installed (4/6/2019) so could it be some kind of change in the build number that is causing this?

Jennifer_D
Admin
Jennifer_D
April 7, 2020 6:24 pm
Reply to  BreBab

Hi BreBab,

It looks like you are using Debug.log(). but you should be using Debug.Log(). Notice the capitalized “L” on “Log”.

C# method names will always start with a capital letter.

Also also with Visual Studio you can turn on intelliSense, as this should detect, and most of the time, automatically fix these kinds of typos for you.

Let me know if that helped!

JerTru
JerTru
March 30, 2020 3:50 pm

where do I download unity?

fadi adam