You need to be a student to view this content. Please login or become a student! :)

Notify of
46 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Wendy Krall
Wendy Krall
May 29, 2017 9:08 am

when i put the movement folder for my agent into the other movement folder i cannot get the agent to move what is causing this to happen

Wendy Krall
Wendy Krall
May 28, 2017 10:18 pm

when i place the movement folder into the do in the other movement folder the agent will no move anymore what did i do wrong?
been over it several times looking and cannot find a problem.

LuisCalo
LuisCalo
May 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Somehow i cant name the attribute Alive?
i can create it, but i cant give it a name
is there any other way to block the agent movements?

Christina Mauer
Christina Mauer
April 6, 2017 12:25 pm

Is there a difference between agent colliding with coin and coin colliding with agent?

Mary AliceWils
Mary AliceWils
April 20, 2017 7:19 pm

I don’t think there is. I’ve been working on a small Undertale related thing and I was making it so Alphys and Gaster would collide with eachother and I think it did pretty much the same thing. I don’t really think that it would matter if the collision command was placed it one, the other, or both. Though in the case of collisions having different effects depending on the object (such as doors or coins), I think it would make more sense to have the collision and effect command in the item itself just to keep from having too much… Read more »

CooperPins
CooperPins
March 21, 2017 4:48 pm

GameSalad will not let me import my own music. The horrid music that came in the project files works, but I can’t use my own. I’ve tried wav, ogg, m4a, but nothing seems to work. Any help?

CooperPins
CooperPins
March 17, 2017 2:57 pm

How is he running Windows 8 on a Mac?

LewisBrad
LewisBrad
February 12, 2017 3:13 pm

How do you un-zip a file? Cuz the project file isnt opening in gamesalad.

CooperPins
CooperPins
March 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Reply to  LewisBrad

First navigate to the location of the zip folder on your computer using file explorer. Double-click it to open it, then highlight all of the contents. Right click on one of them and click “copy” then go back outside of the zip folder and right click on, say, your desktop, and click paste. The contents will now be on your desktop. If you want them to be more neat, right click your desktop and and go to “new” and click “folder.” You can drag all of the files into the folder.

KianLott
KianLott
February 10, 2017 8:28 am

in this series will you teach us how to jump???

Jennifer_D
Admin
Jennifer_D
February 10, 2017 2:21 pm
Reply to  KianLott

Hi Kian,

In this particular video we do not go over jumping but in this course creating an indie platformer we do go over jumping and talk about the solution to an infinite jump. This information is missing in the Windows version so when you are ready to learn this action have a look at the Jump video here in the MAC version.

Jennifer

Brad Rol
Brad Rol
February 10, 2017 1:51 am

Let me add onto my previous question….I want the agent image to disappear once coming in contact with the teleport portal only to re-appear once moved to the new coordinates..

Mary AliceWils
Mary AliceWils
April 20, 2017 7:23 pm
Reply to  Brad Rol

Depends on the kind of effect you’re looking for, I guess. I set the interpolate time to 0 and it made him just appear there without any strange… scooting around? I think that makes sense.

Brad Rol
Brad Rol
February 10, 2017 1:44 am

Is there a way to get an actor to disappear and then re-appear in a different location? If so, how? I’m was working on the agent project within the 2D Game Design training, when I thought I would take the portal entry point one step further…

Ben Riley Smith
Ben Riley Smith
January 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Oh nevermind. They were right in front of me! lol!

Ben Riley Smith
Ben Riley Smith
January 23, 2017 4:12 pm

How do I download the artwork? There’s no link

MichaelBev
MichaelBev
December 2, 2016 12:17 pm

I cant download the project files for this part it just say cant find webpage…….help

Jennifer_D
Admin
Jennifer_D
December 2, 2016 2:51 pm
Reply to  MichaelBev

Hello Michael,

I apologize for the trouble. We have fixed the issue and you should now be able to download the project files.

Please let me know fi you need any further assistance.

MichaelBev
MichaelBev
December 6, 2016 9:12 pm
Reply to  Jennifer_D

Thank you for that, I have advanced a bit further and have run into another issue. When I go to add the music file it comes up with an error message saying ‘Error in WAV file. No ‘RIFF’ chunk marker’. I have done the sound files for the coin and portal, they worked fine but not the music file.

I have tried downloading the project files again but the same error message keeps coming.

Thanks

JackNee
JackNee
December 1, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi I am unable to download the project files for this set of tutorials. I click to download them, then it doesn’t seem to load up the page. Chrome comes up with an error saying “This site can’t be reached. http://www.schoolofinteractivedesign.com refused to connect.” I have tried what it recommends to try and it still doesn’t work. What should I do?

Jennifer_D
Admin
Jennifer_D
December 2, 2016 2:51 pm
Reply to  JackNee

Hello Jack,

I apologize for the trouble. As I said to Michael here, we have fixed the issue and you should now be able to download the project files.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Nathan Risdon
Nathan Risdon
September 17, 2016 1:07 am

Hello, when I add the Coin sound to my Coin, the sound effect does not play. Why?

Jennifer_D
Admin
Jennifer_D
September 20, 2016 9:52 pm
Reply to  Nathan Risdon

Hi Nathan! It would help us to understand whats going wrong if we can see what your experiencing. A great way is by screen captures and screenshots. There are many ways to record your voice and computer screen, but we highly recommend a free tool called Jing. You can download Jing here: http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html HOW TO SHARE YOUR LINK When you are done with your recording click on the share button on the far left corner on of the Jing screen it will start downloading to screencast.com where you can hold all of your captured videos to share the link again… Read more »

KweeOwenCla
KweeOwenCla
September 6, 2016 12:02 pm

I can’t get the Alpha 0 to work on the display score actor. I’ve tried and retried 3 times, including saving, exiting gamesalad and reloading, but still it shows with the white background. What can I do?

Andre K
Admin
Andre K
September 7, 2016 1:57 am
Reply to  KweeOwenCla

Hi Owen,

You can use a .png that already has transparency in it. Or, after double clicking on an actor in your actor bin you can remove the white background by going to Graphics (in the actors attributes) then changing the blend mode to Multiply. That will remove anything that is pure white.

Let us know if that solves your problem!

Best,
Andre

Robyn Adams
Robyn Adams
July 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi there,

The video for teleportation on the Windows tutorial is showing for Mac. I can’t get my interpolate to work and there’s no windows video for it :(

ConorHal
ConorHal
July 27, 2016 4:34 pm

this so good best learning site ive used

Jennifer_D
Admin
Jennifer_D
July 6, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi Marc,

It seems that you were watching the Mac tutorial videos by mistake. For Windows, the instructor beings his rule in the Character Movement video at the 2:35 time marker. Mac and Windows do have some very different settings! :)

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best,